Students editing output (INFO-UNIX Digest V1#161)

Bob Peirce rbp at investor.UUCP
Tue Sep 24 04:58:58 AEST 1985

>>  It strikes me the student could do his work in a subdirectory of a
>>  directory, owned by the instructor.  The student owns his subdirectory
>>  to prevent other students from looking.  The instructor arranges with
>>  root to make all these directories become owned by the instructor and
>>  unwritable by others at the cut-off date.  This could be done with cron
>>  or at.

> How IRRATING that would be.  First of all what if the student had more
> the one computer class (which is fairly common, at least were I went to
> school).  Also almost everyone I knew used their accounts for a myriad
> of other things besides school work.  So should students be given one
> more account for personal work.  Now we're up to 3 accounts.  And then

I was assuming a Unix system.  A simple "cd some_path/student" would suffice.
--

	 	    Bob Peirce, Pittsburgh, PA
	    uucp: ...!{allegra, bellcore, cadre, idis}

	    NOTE:  Mail must be < 30K  bytes/message