reversing lines in a file

James H. Cox jhc at aber-cs.UUCP
Tue Sep 17 02:49:30 AEST 1985

In article <2140 at ukma.UUCP> slg at ukma.UUCP (Sean Gilley) writes:
>Uh.. folks, in our flavor UN*X, (4.2) ``tail'' has a -r option
>that does just that.  Don't people _like_ tail? :-)
>
>						Sean.
I think tail is a wonderful command, but its not much use for reversing
lines in a file because it gives up after a few lines -- you only get
the first screenful then tail stops.

>p.s.  I think it's time this discusion ended . . . or at least got moved
>      to net.unix.  These really aren't sources, and I appologise to
>      everyone out there for posting here . . . but this is where the
>      discussion is.

Consider it moved; surely a discussion ends when people run out of things
to say. {:-)

"Rambo aint tough, he just smells strong"

--
UUCP : { ENGLAND or WALES }!ukc!dcl-cs!aber-cs!jhc
JANET: jhc at uk.ac.aber.cs           PHONE:    +44 970 3111 x 3373