UUCP from 4.2BSD->AT&T 3B2

Guy Harris guy at sun.uucp
Sat Jan 18 06:15:43 AEST 1986

> I am attempting to establish a UUCP connection between my Pyramid and a
> AT&T 3B2-400.  When we call the 3B2, uucico fires up on their side and
> identifies their system properly.  It then sends LOGIN where my system is
> expecting OK.

See reply to other similar reported problem.  It has nothing whatsoever to
do with the UUCP running on the calling side; it could be anything from V7
to System V Release 2, and probably even Honey Danber, and the same problem
would occur.  The problem is that the *called* side hasn't had its USERFILE
(or the Honey Danber equivalents) set up right; System V Release 2's UUCP
enforces rules that had never been enforced before, and which people got
used to not being enforced.  You *must* enable logins for *every* account
used by UUCP in the USERFILE or whatever file(s) Honey Danber uses.

	Guy Harris