UNIX Systems Admin Class for Both 4.2 & SysV?

wmartin at almsa-1.arpa wmartin at almsa-1.arpa
Sat Jan 25 19:40:21 AEST 1986

Greetings!

Does anyone out there know of a commercially-offered UNIX Systems
Administration class that is aimed at and covers the details of SA work
in BOTH the 4.2 BSD and AT&T System III/V environments? Ideally, this
class would treat the SA's various tasks and duties and illustrate how
each of them is performed in these two different UNIX environments, with
an emphasis on those areas of similarity and of differences. On-line
examples and hands-on exercises, using a variety of machines from small
minis up to VAXen, would be a big plus.

I would appreciate pointers to vendors, mailings from course suppliers
directly (maybe some of them are on the net[s]?), and reviews or
experiences if you have attended any such courses. I append my
electronic and US Mail addresses below. Thank you!

(Note -- if I get any responses, I'll send out a summary, so you don't
have to send mail asking that I let you know what I find out.)

Regards,
Will Martin

ARPA/MILNET: wmartin at almsa-1.ARPA     USENET: seismo!brl-bmd!wmartin

US Mail address:

US Army AMC ALMSA
ATTN: AMXAL-RI, William G. Martin
PO Box 1578