HP-UX present and future

Roy Smith roy at phri.UUCP
Thu Jan 23 01:21:24 AEST 1986

> HP is apparently going to provide TCP/IP with HP-UX
> within the next few months.
> Yuval Tamir <tamir at locus.ucla.edu>, <ucla-cs!tamir>

	When I talked to H/P a few weeks ago they said they had the TCP/IP
code working and had originally planned on releasing it sometime around
April '86.  But they also told me that there was a decision *not* to
release TCP/IP until sometime near the end of '86 when the rest of the
networking package was ready.

	This seemed amazingly stupid to me, so I asked the salespeople if
they were really sure what they were telling me was correct.  They insisted
it was.  Sounds to me like H/P is making a big mistake and is getting left
more and more in the dust.
--
Roy Smith <allegra!phri!roy>
455 First Avenue, New York, NY 10016