Micro-Vax Tape Cartridges

fostel at ncsu.UUCP fostel at ncsu.UUCP
Wed Jan 22 03:30:22 AEST 1986

    We have just aquired two spiffy new ULTRIX machines here at NCSU and
    they are just fine ... except.  They contain a cute tape drive that
    seems to be some varient on a streaming tape, and they have a good
    capacity if only we could find some of the tape cartridges.  DEC says
    they will have some to ship around 1995 and for now we are running
    withno hope of backups (short of little mountains of floppies).

    Can anyone suggest a supplier who might have some, or else a compatible
    cartridge from a non-DEC source?  We are on thin ice here without any
    backup.  Perhaps its asking a lot but does anyone have JUST ONE that we
    could buy or borrow for a little while?  Thanks.
----GaryFostel----

    ...mcnc!ncsu!fostel  or (919) 737-7920  or CSC Department
					       NC State University
					       Raleigh NC, 27695-8206