Simple(?) ULTRIX uucp question

Jeffrey W Percival jwp at uwmacc.UUCP
Thu Jan 23 06:07:41 AEST 1986

We just got our ULTRIX 32-M running on our MicroVax, and
have a snag with getting uucp running.  If any user fires up
uucico, then the transaction proceeds as expected.  When
cron tries to fire up the hourly connection though, we
see "... STTY FAILED" in the ERRLOG file.  The fact that we
can run it manually must mean that we have our files set up
right, and the fact that a non-priveleged user can fire it up
must mean that permissions are not the problem.  Any thoughts?

Oh yes, is there a "hot line" number that DEC provides for
this sort of question?

Thanks!
--
	Jeff Percival ...!uwvax!uwmacc!jwp