DEC TK50 question

stevens at hsi.UUCP stevens at hsi.UUCP
Wed Jan 29 23:33:12 AEST 1986

We just got a MicroVAX II with a TK50 and ULTRIX-32m Version 1.1.
>From the manual page, tmscp(4), and the general product literature,
I'm led to believe that it looks just like any other tape drive
to the software.  However, while I can write EOF marks to the
drive, it always returns a hard error on the console when it
reads a tape mark.  It reads all the data up to the first tape
mark fine, but everything falls apart when the first tape mark
is encountered.  It handles tar reads and write fine, and can
append to the end of an existing tar "file" OK.

Is the TK50 supposed to look like a standard tape drive, with regard
to EOF marks ??

	Richard Stevens
	Health Systems International, New Haven, CT
           ihnp4 ! hsi ! stevens