Looking for Real Time OS

tomas tomas at myab.UUCP
Fri Jan 24 13:37:12 AEST 1986

	Looking for Real Time Operating Systems.

	Does anyone have any information (or know how/where to obtain
	info. on) real time operating systems for a VME based system.
	I would prefer a UNIX based product, but also information
	about systems like OS9, etc are valuable.

	The basic requirements are:

	    * VME-bus based with 32-bit processor: 680x0 or NS32xxx

	    * Several processes must be able to run at a time, it must
	      support a hard disk (with a file system) and a terminal
	      interface (for generating statistics etc) [It is intended
	      to be an alternative for an existing RSX-11 system!]

	    * If possible, a cross compiler (Pascal ?) for VAX/VMS generating
	      object modules for this system.

	    * The product should be reliable (used in the industry for a time)

	Anyone had any experience with such a product? If so, I would like
	some answers on the following questions:

	    * What the system really IS (Facts!)

	    * What the system guarantees (response/process switching times, etc)

	    * What it is based on (compatibility with UNIX versions)

	    * Special hardware requirements, limits, etc

	    * Where to obtain it, price, etc

	    * EXPERIENCES WITH THE SYSTEM!!!

	Please answer by mail, and if enough interest, I will make a
	summary to the net.  Thanks in advance,

		Tomas Olovsson @ MYAB