SUN raster to VAX (4.2BSD) versatec

kurt at unmvax.UUCP kurt at unmvax.UUCP
Sun Jan 5 02:31:55 AEST 1986

I am trying to get our SUNs to screendump to our versatec connected to
one of our vaxens.  Screendump, according to SUN software support, is
creating a standard versatec raster file.  However, when this is
printed on the vaxen's versatec (w/ "vax% lpr -Pva -v raster" ) I get
lots of junk.  I tried swapping the bytes and printing the result, but
again, junk.  Has anyone gotten rasters made on a SUN to print on a
raster drive on a vaxen?  If you have, please contact me (via mail) and
tell me how you did it.  I am also getting nothing out of our Imagen
8/300 with a sun raster.

>From this, I gather that SUN rasters are not versatec rasters?  Is this
correct?  If so, any one got a program to convert from sun to versatec
and from versatec to sun.

Thanks a million,	Kurt

-----
Kurt D. Zeilenga               |  UUCP: {gatech|lanl|ucbvax}!unmvax!kurt
Computer Science Department    |  ARPA: unmvax!kurt at lanl.ARPA
University of New Mexico       |  (505) 277-3112  (Dept. Office)
Albuquerque, New Mexico 87131  |  (505) 277-6571  (Lab./Office)