Non-equivalence of targets in vi

Ken Turkowski ken at turtlevax.UUCP
Sun Jan 19 17:26:44 AEST 1986

All of the operators in vi can be used with nearly any target with count
modifiers:

   Operators		Targets
     c d y	w W e E b B ( ) { } % ^ $ 0 H M L h j k l

For example, "c2t," will change the text from the cursor position
until the character before the second comma.

I say "nearly", because I can't seem to figure out how to do it with the
section targets [[ and ]].  Suppose I want to delete the next two sections
so that I could put them in a different place.  You'd think that

	d2]]

would be the natural way to express this action, but vi just beeps me.
I've also tried

	2d]]	and	d]2]

to no avail.  Any suggestions?
--
Ken Turkowski @ CIMLINC, Menlo Park, CA
UUCP: {amd,decwrl,hplabs,seismo,spar}!turtlevax!ken