Gould Computers - UTX/4.2

Michael E. Burg mb at abspc.UUCP
Fri Jan 3 07:22:29 AEST 1986

*** I see no "REPLACE" here ***

Hello! We have a possiblity to get into the Gould computer field and
I'd like to here from a couple of people other there who own a couple!

I've got three questions:

	1) How stable is a Gould computer? (e.g. Uptime, maintance, etc)

	2) How many problems have your had with the Unix 4.2bsd/System V
	operation system, UTX/4.2, as compared with just a  straight
	4.2bsd or System V system? (How portable is code from SYS V or
		4.2bsd systems?)

	3) How do you rate their machines to other companys? (DEC, IBM, AT&T, etc)

We've been involed with only 3b2's/{300,400} so we're not too sure what
to expect from them.

			Thanks,
			Mike Burg
			Athena Business Systems