Does anyone have the source for a PD cp?

Robert C Sanders sandersr at ecn-pc.UUCP
Wed Jul 2 17:36:19 AEST 1986

In article <978 at decuac.DEC.COM> avolio at decuac.DEC.COM (Frederick M. Avolio) writes:
>> Does anyone have the source code for a Public Domain cp?  I'm wanting to
>> write one for my IBM AT to compile and use under DOS, but I don't have the
>> slightest idea how to do it right.  Thanks in advance.
>
>open first file (checking for errors ... bailout if necessary)
>creat second file (checking for errors ... bailout if necessary)
>while (read a buffer from first file) is greater than 0,
>	write a buffer to second file (check for errors..)
>exit

Or even easier yet, under PC/MS DOS, a simple shell script of the form:

		copy %1 %2 %3 %4 %5

in a file entitled "cp.bat".  Unfortuately, you don't get all the options of
the UNIX version, but remember, you are talking about PC DOS.

Forward all replies to the net.micro.pc newgroup.

				- bob
--
Continuing Engineering Education Telecommunications

"Time is a mouse that requires constant feeding..." -- me

	...!ihnp4!pur-ee!pc-ecn!sandersr