A Vi Bug, and the Fix For It.

Joe Weinstein joe at dual.UUCP
Thu Jul 24 03:19:34 AEST 1986

Hello.

There is a bug in vi that comes up in this fashion:

%vi foo.c

:0r bar.c       /* The 'read' command can be given a line number. */
                /* This will work fine, but...                    */

u               /* the 'undo' command will not do the expected!   */
		(This bug does not occur when using ex)

The fix is to change one line in the routine rop() in the file ex_io.c:

                undap1 = undap2 = dot + 1;
     becomes:
                undap1 = undap2 = addr2 + 1;

	Write me if you use this fix. I just want to see who cares...

		Joe Weinstein at Dual Systems Corp.
				2530 San Pablo Ave.
				Berkeley, Ca. 94702	415-549-3854