How Good is the AT&T 6300 Plus?

rab at smu rab at smu
Thu Jun 19 04:33:00 AEST 1986

DOUBLE FLAME!

the at&t pc is much superior to most anything in the marketplace --
speed, graphics, expandibility -- you name it.

we have been almost exclusively pushing the 6300 on our campus due to
the fact that the machine is one hell of a performer and EXTREMELY
reliable.  and with the advent of the 6300 plus, we just might get some
things done around here with a REAL operating system, namely UNIX.
in the area of compatibility, we have no real problems at all.  as a
matter of fact, we see it a little differently.  the ibm pc is the REAL
incompatible.

i truly wish people would give qualified responses to requests for
information.  there is a lot of that out there and it doesn't help at
all to further confuse the issue.

rick barrett
convex!smu!rab