Talk for Sys V

Edward C. Bennett edward at ukecc.UUCP
Thu Jun 5 04:43:00 AEST 1986

In article <360 at hrc63.UUCP> nwh at hrc63.UUCP writes:

>   In Article 2762 of net.unix, Ken Mandelberg writes :
>>  Has anyone done a split screen version of 'write' for
>>  System V? I mean something similar to Berkeley 'talk'
>>  but presumably limited to one host.
>
>   I have a version of a talk program that works for Sys V if anyone
>wants it.  It is limited to one host and was written in June 1985.
>I make no claims to how good it is since I haven't looked at it
>since December '85.
>
>Nigel Holder                    UK JANET:       yf21 at uk.co.gec-mrc.u

	I also have a written 'talk' for SysV. It went through
mutil-site beta testing last November. The trouble is there is
one nagging bug in the deamon that refuses to die. If I can ever
kill this bug, 'talk' will go to mod.sources.

--
Edward C. Bennett

UUCP: ihnp4!cbosgd!ukma!ukecc!edward

Kentucky: The state that needs Japan to bring it into the 20th century.

"Goodnight M.A."