Would a Personal UNIX box Like This Interest You?

Computer Science House sda2228 at ritcv.UUCP
Mon Jun 30 13:22:30 AEST 1986

Joe,

	No, but the following under-desk box should interest everyone!

		33 Mhz CLIPPER Module, from Fairchild.
		(Maybe a 2-3 Mip CPU as an I/O processor.)
		4Mb Zero wait-state Main memory.
		Also some high-speed memory for Kernel internals.
		At least, a 1/2Gb Fuji-Eagle.
		4 serial ports with full modem control.
		High-resolution bit-mapped graphics terminal.
	 	2 parallel ports.
		Full Ethernet utilizing fiber optics as the medium.
		Running a Version 8.0 Unix kernel with Berkeley enhancements,
		and a full NFS implementation.

	Let us know and spread the word, as we are implementing this
	type of system for Computer Science House (CSH), in prototype
	form, for under $20,000.

Frank,				Computer Science House, ARG
Paul,				Rochester Institute of Technology
Steve,				Rochester, NY 14623
Brad.				(716) 475-3305