Observations (was: Gripes about /bin/sh AND /bin/csh)

David Keppel keppel at pavepaws.berkeley.edu
Mon Jun 16 03:59:31 AEST 1986

In article <112 at ozdaltx.UUCP> root at ozdaltx.UUCP (root) writes:
>"The only STUPID question is the one that is never asked.." - Anon.
>
>It is sad but true that the manuals provided with this system are often
>very poorly written and/or include so much techinical jorgan that
>the intent of the section gets lost in the translation... (Are
>you listening MicroSoft and/or Tandy ????).
>[ description of 'expr' not taking negative arguments ]

I'm told by some of the locals that when Sun bought their 4BSD license
they went through the manuals and _TOOK_OUT_ a whole bunch of the
"BUGS" section entries, because they didn't want to look bad! @$%*#%!

(Then, of course, a whole bunch of other companies probably followed the lead)

    ;-D avid  K eppel				    ..!ucbvax!pavepaws!keppel
		"Learning by Osmosis: Gospel in, Gospel out"