ELXSI System 6400 .... Information needed

Robert Clayton rfc at calmasd.CALMA.UUCP
Sat Jun 21 03:44:25 AEST 1986

In article <120 at portal.UUcp>, jel at portal.UUcp (John Little) writes:
> In article <1946 at calmasd.CALMA.UUCP>, rfc at calmasd.CALMA.UUCP (Robert Clayton) writes:
> > a 10 processor test at Sandia Labs they got 10.1X the power of a single
> > processor.
>
> This is an interesting trick. Does anyone have a clue about how they
> got a greater than linear speedup?  Was this a cpu benchmark or did
> it include i/o?

I'm told since I wrote this that the problem involved much context
switching and that this overhead (measured on a per processor basis)
was reduced when the problem was spread out over several processors.

rfc at calmasd.CALMA.UUCP (Robert Clayton)