C'mon, guys!

Computer Center root at ucsfcca.UUCP
Tue Jun 3 12:23:51 AEST 1986

> (unless some of you people out there *want* PCC and "lint" to concur in your
> mistaken belief that pointers and arrays are equivalent).  Also note that

Or do we have confusion between name and object?

K&R, p. 186

      An array name is a pointer expression.

     p. 210

      Every time an identifier of array type appears in an
      expression, it is converted into a pointer to the first
      member of the array.

So an array is not a pointer but a reference to an array
in an expression is a pointer.

Thos Sumner    (...ucbvax!ucsfcgl!ucsfcca.UCSF!thos)