Favorite operating systems query

Chris Torek chris at umcp-cs.UUCP
Tue Jun 17 15:40:08 AEST 1986

In article <2041 at umcp-cs.UUCP> I wrote:
>Many of the performance problems [in f77] ... have been removed.
>For the hard-core VMS FORTRAN fan, there is the Ultrix port of
>VMS FORTRAN, about which I know nothing.  In particular, many of
>the math library routines now use more of that beloved hand-tuned
>Vax assembly code.

Oops.  Invert the order of the last two lines.  That flowing prose
I produce >:-) is not done without some editing; and sometimes I
miss a semantic glitch or two.

(The `extra' `>' in the `smiley face' above represents deeley-
boppers: an in joke for us USENIX groupies . . . .)
--
In-Real-Life: Chris Torek, Univ of MD Comp Sci Dept (+1 301 454 1516)
UUCP:	seismo!umcp-cs!chris
CSNet:	chris at umcp-cs		ARPA:	chris at mimsy.umd.edu