Looking for XNS under UTX (M-O-U-S-E)

Mark Weiser mark at umcp-cs.UUCP
Thu Jun 12 23:26:22 AEST 1986

In article <38 at houligan.UUCP> dave at smaug.UUCP (Dave Cornutt) writes:

At maryland we still distribute our old 4.2 XNS implementation.
This pretty much requires a guru to install (although at least 3
non-Maryland places have done it), and I don't recommend it.  What
I recommend is getting 4.3, which is now announced and shipping
from Berkeley and has all the Maryland XNS ideas intact (but often
rewritten).  The 4.3 XNS is in use by lots of places and so is
likely to be reliable.  The 4.2 XNS has not been used by anyone,
not even here,  for about a year and so will have suffered software
rot and no one will remember anything about how it works if there
are problems.
-mark
--
Spoken: Mark Weiser 	ARPA:	mark at maryland	Phone: +1-301-454-7817
CSNet:	mark at umcp-cs 	UUCP:	{seismo,allegra}!umcp-cs!mark