Favorite operating systems query

Kenneth Ng ken at njitcccc.UUCP
Wed Jun 18 11:54:41 AEST 1986

In article <452 at geowhiz.UUCP>, larry at geowhiz.UUCP (Larry McVoy) writes:
> 3) Likewise with DCL (Dec Command Language).  It's like sh with more obscurity.
>    *Large* DCL programs exist (my father who is a physicist has a modelling
>    program with an enormous dcl frontend, like 10-15K lines. Unfortunately,
>    stuff like this is not uncommon).  This could be solved by writing a dcl-like
>    shell.
If you don't mind other environment, I personally prefer IBM's
REXX to DCL.  REXX is a moderately structured interpreted lang
which is the front end of a LOT of IBM applications.  I've also
seen it as the entire program in some cases.

--
Kenneth Ng: uucp(unreliable) ihnp4!allegra!bellcore!njitcccc!ken
	    soon uucp:ken at rigel.cccc.njit.edu
	    bitnet(prefered) ken at njitcccc.bitnet
	    soon bitnet: ken at orion.cccc.njit.edu
(Yes, we are slowly moving to RFC 920, kicking and screaming)

New Jersey Institute of Technology
Computerized Conferencing and Communications Center
Newark, New Jersey 07102

Vulcan jealousy: "I fail to see the logic in prefering Stonn over me"
Movie "Short Circuit": Number 5: "I need input"