How Good is the AT&T 6300 Plus?

G. P. Wilkin gpw at ihdev.UUCP
Thu Jun 19 14:00:38 AEST 1986

> The 6300+ is a 80286-based IBM compatible manufactured by Olivetti
> for sale by AT&T. It and the 6300 are the same machines that
> Olivetti markets in Europe (and which are, I believe, the best
> selling compatibles in Europe). There are three basic
> configurations available:
>
> 	- dual floppy (not sure what size floppies)
> 	- 20Mb hard disk + 360K floppy
> 	- 20Mb hard disk + 1.2Mb floppy
>
> 		Mark Gauldin
There is a fourth config., 1 360K floppy, 1 1.2 meg floppy,
it not a popular combination but in light of the newest options worth
considering.

Also note that there is an expansion chassis avialable (20meg HD/60 Meg Tape)
and a 2 meg memory expansion board, made by AST I think. A description will
follow. Probably in net.micro.att
gpw

--

  / __ \ |__   __| /   _ \ |__   __|  -====------    AT&T Network Systems