windows on normal terminals

Mikel Manitius mikel at codas.ATT.UUCP
Thu Jun 12 03:17:48 AEST 1986

>     I also said that I thought it was difficult to use a number of
>     the windowing systems on a 24 line terminal, because your windows
>     got *so* small.  There actually are a number of windowning systems
>     around for normal terminals under *NIX.
>
>     :-D avid  K eppel				    ..!ucbvax!pavepaws!keppel

Well, there are ascii 24/80 terminals which have windowing capability,
take the AT&T 4415, 4425, and 5420 terminals for example. They appear
to be regular terminals at a glance, but you can define windows in the
terminal memory, and use them. There exists software to utilize these
features, however the version's I've seen just use regular pipes, not
the "sxt000" interface, so vi and other programs think you're not on
a real terminal.
--
			Mikel Manitius @ AT&T-IS Altamonte Springs, FL
			...{seismo!akgua|ihnp4|cbosgd}!codas!mikel.ATT.UUCP