How Good is the AT&T 6300 Plus?

Jeff Denenberg jeffd at ittvax.ATC.ITT.UUCP
Wed Jun 18 23:19:48 AEST 1986

> In article <9885 at ucsfcgl.ucsfcgl.UUCP> russack at ucsfcgl.UUCP (Joe
> 	Russack%CGL) writes:
> >
> >	The pc compatibility is not too good. It is passing, (and much
> >	better than unmentionable clones) but not as good as some
> >	others (like the ITT, compaq,etc).
> >
> >Joseph Russack
> >
> >!ucbvax!ucsfcgl!russack
>
> 	point of interest, the 6300 (although i'm not possitive about
> the plus) is made by Olivetti for AT&T.  The comperable ITT machine is
> also made by Olivetti.  Olivetti sells it themselves as the M24.  All
> three machines are identical except for paint and such.
>
> 	None of this is secret, you can gather as much from the trade
> journals, but how can the ATT differ from the ITT in that respect?
> Must be a case of perspective.
> --
> -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
>
> Joseph D. Shapiro			"He who hesitates
> Bunker Ramo Information Systems		 is lunch"
>
> ...ittatc!bunker!shap
> ...decvax!bunker!shap

The "comparable ITT machine" is the ITT XTRA XP. It is made by ITT, not
Olivetti and is a totally different design. The XP uses a 80286 and is a true
pc (not AT) clone with good compatibility. I have used the ITT XTRA XP and it
is, in my opinion, the class of the pc clones.

                         Jeff Denenberg
                         ..decvax!ittvax!jeffd