Problems with Ultrix dbx

Keeper Of News tony at xios.UUCP
Tue Jun 3 07:09:22 AEST 1986

Has anyone ( else ) out there had problems using dbx under Ultrix 1.2.
We have had a number of problems including getting into a state where it
is not able to access local variables of a paticular function, and not
being able to handle C casts of a pointer to an array of pointers.
Other annoyances are that it can't print the results of a function, and
in 'print', expressions cannot include a function call.

We would be interested in any similar problem reports and/or
fixes/work-arounds.  Also, the documentation which we have has been
wrong on a couple of occaisions, so if anyone knows to any
features/changes/corrections to it, we would appreciate hearing about
it.

DEC has been most uncooperative in fixing these problems.

RSVPBM/TIA (RSVP by mail / thanks in advance )
Tony Lill	Keeper of News @ Xios Systems Corporation
				 1600 Carling Avenue, Suite 150, Ottawa,
				 Ontario, Canada, K1Z 8R8	(613) 725-5411
				 utzoo!dciem!nrcaer!xios!tony