Can I read someone else's environment?

Frederick M. Avolio avolio at decuac.DEC.COM
Sun Jun 22 05:24:30 AEST 1986

In article <512 at hropus.UUCP>, jrw at hropus.UUCP (Jim Webb) writes:
> > type from /etc/ttytypes, but is there any way I can read the terminal
> > type for a dial-up line so that I know what escape codes to send?
> If you have a nice system administrator, you could hack up the ps command
> to look at the environment (it is passed right after the arguments to the

A few months ago someone posted sps to net.sources.  I don't have it
anymore.  But if you could get it, you could pull out the code therein
to display environment variables along with everything else.  (This
for people who don't have access to sources.)
--
Fred @ DEC Ultrix Applications Center
INET: avolio at decuac.DEC.COM				* Fight the Fight *