Favorite operating systems query

David Fetrow fetrow at entropy.UUCP
Thu Jun 19 08:23:26 AEST 1986

 ...and what about other Primos niceties:

 As in UNIX much of the operating system is in high level language(s). The
older versions were relatively compact and written in FORTRAN IV...this may
no longer be considered all that wonderful but it sure made it easy for a
numbercruncher to make changes (like putting in real passwords).

PRIMOS 16 was one of the nicest first software playthings a person could ask
for. Warning: I use Unix, VMS, MS-DOS, TOPS-10 and CMS every day which makes
me something of a dillettante. The only systems I've played with the guts of
are Primos 16, MS-DOS and UNIX 4.X and never at the kernel level.

--

    - Dave Fetrow

    "Don't ask me how it works or I'll start to whimper" - Arthur Dent

    "CP/M is nice because it has no more than 64K*8 errors per tick."
							 -Dave Fetrow

  {ihnp4,tektronix}!uw-beaver!entropy!fetrow                  :UUCP
  entropy!fetrow at uw-beaver.arpa                               :ARPA
  fetrow at UWALOCKE,7833117 at UWAVM                               :BITNET
  74175,1724                                                  :Compuserve