Favorite operating systems query

Jordan Hayes jordan at nike.UUCP
Wed Jun 25 10:32:11 AEST 1986

Barry Shein <bzs at bu-cs.UUCP> writes:

	it occurred to me that while the UNIX (4.2) manual set was
	available at our copy center for around $100 (and that includes
	broken out portions of the administrator's stuff etc, a
	realistic complete set for a student costs more like $50) an
	equivalent set of docs for VMS would fill a couple of
	bookshelves and cost hundreds of dollars.

So true! By the way, the 4.3 manuals have been completely re-typeset
and look terrific -- in addition, they have been re-arranged, along the
lines of the 4.2 USENIX versions (although there are now 6 volumes
instead of the 5) ... no word yet about the availabilty of 4.3 manuals
from USENIX in the small format ...

Jordan Hayes
{ucbvax,decvax}!usenix!jordan