eqn on a Diablo 630: Yuk!

Jeff Brown the Scumbag jeff at utastro.UUCP
Tue May 27 02:17:46 AEST 1986

In article <576 at scirtp.UUCP>, dfh at scirtp.UUCP (David F. Hinnant) writes:
> I need to generate some sensible eqn output on a Diablo 630.  Can this
> even be done?  I'm using "neqn"....

At our installation the only way we could get neqn to give the greek
(and other) symbols on a Diablo 630 was to use predefined strings,
e.g., instead of

	.EQ
	alpha = delta epsilon + .....
	.EN

use

	.ds Ga <control code which creates alpha>
	.ds Gd <control code which creates delta>
	.ds Ge <control code which creates epsilon>
	.EQ
	\*(Ga = \*(Gd \*(Ge + ...
	.EN

which was ugly and annoying but could be made to work.  There are no
doubt better ways of going about this.
----
"Plan for the worst imaginable.  That way your only
disappointment will be your feeble powers of imagination."

Jeff Brown the Scumbag
		{allegra,ihnp4}!{noao,ut-sally}!utastro!jeff
		jeff at astro.UTEXAS.EDU
Astronomy Department, U. of Texas, Austin 78712