Lisp for 3b's

#Bill_Stewart wcs at ho95e.UUCP
Wed May 21 03:59:59 AEST 1986

In article <615 at wg3b20.UUCP> narayan at wg3b20.UUCP writes:

>Has anyone heard about LISP for the AT&T 3b
>machines. Any info in this area is appreceated

I know of three LISPs available for 3Bs.

* XLISP is a public-domain lisp interpreter written in C.  It shows up
periodically in net.sources and PC bulletin boards.  It's object-oriented and
works pretty well; the latest version is supposedly 1.6?

* LISP-TC is an AT&T Toolchest product, identical to exptools lisp internally.
It's small and MacLispish; it was written to be an internal user-supported tool
rather than a formal product.  As with all Toolchest products, you need a
source license, and it does cost (some) money.  I know it runs on VAXen and
3B20s; I don't know about 3B2 or 3B5 but it probably does.

* Franz Lisp, of Berkeley 4.* fame, is commercially sold and supported by Franz
Inc., in Berkeley, and is available for 3Bs.  This is a commercial product and
it's not cheap.  But it *is* Franz.
--
# Bill Stewart, AT&T Bell Labs 2G-202, Holmdel NJ 1-201-949-0705 ihnp4!ho95c!wcs