Are these the disks for me?

George Robbins grr at cbmvax.cbm.UUCP
Tue May 6 01:23:15 AEST 1986

In article <411 at brl-smoke.ARPA> dms at mit-hermes.arpa writes:

>The 3.0 MB/S CDC drive has the same MTBF as the eagle and eagle II. In
>addition, its seek time it 16 ms average, compared with 18 ms for the
>eagle. All in all, it seems like a better drive than the eagle II.

I suggest you talk to some of the people who do third-party drive repair
and refurbishment.  My understanding is that CDC has a pretty mixed
reputation and are now screwing themselves in the area of replacement
parts availability and cost.  Of course, you can always send your drive
back to CDC for repairs :-)...

--
George Robbins - now working with,	uucp: {ihnp4|seismo|caip}!cbmvax!grr
but no way officially representing	arpa: cbmvax!grr at seismo.css.GOV