csh question

Joe DZOEY at umd2.umd.edu
Fri May 9 04:33:37 AEST 1986

Hi, I'm trying to revamp my .login, and part of it is to check to see
which terminal type (if any) the system think I'm signing in on.

I implement this by a large switch statement.  It looks something like.

switch ($term)
case 'type1':
case 'type2':
    .
    .
    .
case 'typen:    <some appropriate action for types 1-n inclusive>
                breaksw

and then the appropriate code if it matches any one of those.  The problem
I'm running into is I get a
case: Too many labels
error.  What is the maximum number of labels I can have for a single action?
right now, I have about 20, but I could probably cut it down to 5 if I had to.

Any help would be appreciated.

                    Thanks,
                      Joe

HERMAN at UMD2.UMD.EDU