Troff for the HP LaserJet

Jim Webb jrw at hropus.UUCP
Fri May 30 22:14:24 AEST 1986

> In article <196 at bsdpkh.UUCP> jrr at bsdpkh.UUCP (james r regan jr) writes:
> >Also would like any information on a postprocessor which will
> >translate troff to HP LaserJet Printer....
>
> ELAN Computer Group sells a troff (full DWB toolset) package for
> the HP LaserJet for UNIX and PC-DOS machines. 415-948-8193

Ask a person who owns one.

	1)  ELAN's  DWB  software is no better than AT&T's.

	    AT&T's  DWB  prints just fine on my lj+.

	2)  ELAN's 'pic' can only print trivial diagrams.

	    Four elipses with eight arrow arcs caused "error 21"
	    (the page formatting process is not fast enough for
	     the printer) on my lj+.

AUTOCAD, on the other hand, generates top-quality Space Shuttle graphics
on the same printer!

Written by:

Bill Rieken	.sh consulting	(201) 671-6496	ihnp4!opus!mtkam!wdr
---------------- Ah, to err is human, but to moo, bovine...

Posted using:
--
Jim Webb                                        ihnp4!houxm!hropus!jrw