Physical memory access under Xenix

Ted Lemonmellon/.name mellon at mit-prep.ARPA
Thu May 8 03:48:40 AEST 1986

> Yup, there are two system calls dscralloc() which allocates a descriptor
> for you and mmudescr() which points it at a physical address. If you
> have far keywords enabled you can do something like

First of all, thanks for responding.   I received some really good
suggestions, of which the above was the cleanest.   Unfortunately, the
IBM version of Xenix does not have a symbol _dscralloc(), while the
SCO version does.   Does anybody know if there is an equivalent
function in the IBM version of Xenix, or do I need to use John
Little's method of hacking a (hopefully) unused entry in the GDT?

When this is over and I have made a driver for IBM Xenix and SCO
Xenix, I will post a summary of how I did it...   For now, I am going
to hack the GDT...

			       _MelloN_--
Ted Lemon
Project GNU of the Free Software Foundation

UUCP:       {}!mit-eddie!mit-prep!mellon
INTERNET:   mellon at prep.ai.mit.edu
ORGANIZATION: Project GNU, Free Software Foundation,
   1000 Mass. Ave., Cambridge, MA  02138, USA +1 (617) 876-3296
HOME: 18 Kennedy Drive, North Chelmsford, Massachusetts