ps and systat

Mail and USENET News System maintenance account news at cullvax.UUCP
Wed Nov 5 02:20:41 AEST 1986

Has anyone out there written a "system status" program (like ps) that
presents things in a better format, like (1) process id, (2) state,
(3) user, (4) command, (5) tty, and (6) shows the tree structure of
the selected processes.  I've written a post-processor for ps that
shows the tree structure, but the ps options that I have to use (-xal,
or some such) only list the first 14 or so characters of the command,
and don't list the user name.  Is there a better way, or do I have to
do it myself?

Dale