Bug in Microport stdio

Daniel M. Frank dan at prairie.UUCP
Sat Nov 1 08:21:07 AEST 1986

In article <123 at gaia.UUCP> jon at gaia.UUCP (Jonathan Corbet) writes:
>I have found what appears to be an obnoxious bug in the standard I/O
>library for Microport unix.  Rather than let other folks out there track
>it down themselves, I thought I would pass it on:

   A couple clarifications:  this bug appears in most SVR2 releases.  This
should be no suprise, since Microport is an AT&T licensee.  It appears
in printf, fprintf, vprintf, and vfprintf.  Microport is aware of the
problem, and it is being repaired.

   The best, and least cost workaround, is to do the following after
any call to these routines (assume your file pointer is called fp):

   fp->flag |= _IOWRT ;

You don't have to close the file, or anything.  Do this only if the
file is opened for "r+" mode.

--
    Dan Frank
    uucp: ... uwvax!prairie!dan