Slaying Gould dragon with a wooden (really logging in as root)

Larry Campbell campbell at maynard.UUCP
Wed Nov 5 22:58:39 AEST 1986

In article <3800016 at snail> carroll at snail.CS.UIUC.EDU writes:

>What about 3b2's, where you HAVE to be at console to login as root?

I suspect this is true of any System V system;  I know it is true
of Microport UNIX (a sanctioned System V port for the PC/AT).  I complained
to Microport about it and they said "That's the way it came from AT&T".

You can still log in as yourself and then su.
--
Larry Campbell       MCI: LCAMPBELL          The Boston Software Works, Inc.
UUCP: {alliant,wjh12}!maynard!campbell      120 Fulton Street, Boston MA 02109