ATT SVR3 distribution

Ron Flax ron at vsedev.VSE.COM
Tue Oct 7 00:34:13 AEST 1986

In article <4326 at brl-smoke.ARPA> cadovax!mitchell at LOCUS.UCLA.EDU (Mitchell Lerner) writes:

>From what I understand, SVR3 does not come with a machine readable version
>of the system manual pages for on-line man pages and a on-line record of
>changes/enhansements made to the system.  I've always thought that this
>was one of the most efficient things about the UNIX development/operating
>environment.

>From what I understand the on-line manual was struck from the roster
in SVR2, but *WAS* part of SVR1.  For AT&T: Why????

It should at least be part of the source distribution, if not binary.
Unless of couse AT&T would like to send sites copies of the manuals for
each of the users on a given system.  Not likely.

--
ron at vsedev.VSE.COM	(Ron Flax)
UUCP:	..!seismo!vsedev!ron