unix system enhancements

guy at sun.UUCP guy at sun.UUCP
Fri Oct 24 04:18:45 AEST 1986

> I tried compiling force.c and got the following error:
>
> "force.c", line 39: TIOCSTI undefined
>
> Do I need to include some library or some such thing?

No, you need to give up and build "force" only on machines whose operating
system supports the operation needed for a process to be able to force
characters to be "typed" on another terminal.  TIOCSTI is an "ioctl" that
takes a character and makes the terminal referred to by the file descriptor
argument act as if that character had been typed on it.  If you don't have
this "ioctl", or something like it, you can't make "force" work.
--
	Guy Harris
	guy at sun.com (or guy at sun.arpa)