About that "w+" bug in 4.3...

Bjorn Freeman-Benson bnfb at uw-june
Thu Oct 16 13:41:02 AEST 1986

A number of people responded to my claim of a bug in 4.3 stdio with "w+".
The mail was like this:
	2 said no such bug no my machine
	2 said yep, bug on my machine
After conversing with someone (* see below) I learned that this was a bug in
the past, but most "normal" 4.3 distributions did not have it.  Here at the
University of Washington we are running a Beta version of 4.3 and so it had
this bug.  If you have this bug there is a rather easy fix, but I don't know
it.

* You see, I accidentally deleted my mailbox/folder were I was keeping this
entire discussion and so I have lost the names and e-mail addresses of those
who helped me, especially the kind fellow who told me about the bug fix.  So,
if you're out there (and I know you are), could you post the fix to this group
so that those who agreed with my bug can also fix their machines?

						Bjorn N Freeman-Benson