Readerships and their Opinions [Unix/World and other magazines]

Steve Dyer dyer at spdcc.UUCP
Mon Oct 27 12:39:34 AEST 1986

My only comment is that UNIX/World was pretty "commercial" already
and Lauren's mention of editorial change certainly comes as no surprise,
except to those of us who had already thought of it as a commercial rag.
UNIX Review has been (marginally) more oriented towards technical discussions,
so I don't feel there's any big loss.  In fact, I think there's a place for
a quality magazine which focuses on UNIX in the business marketplace; whether
UNIX/World fits that role is up for discussion, I guess.
--
Steve Dyer
dyer at harvard.HARVARD.EDU