Modelessness (Was porting UNIX applications to the mac)

Valerie Maslak maslak at sri-unix.ARPA
Fri Oct 24 11:05:02 AEST 1986

When I learned vi, and when I have to show someone how to use it,
I teach things in four segments:
		-Logging on and off, enough shell to create and delete
		 files and directories, entering and exiting from vi.
		-Entering draft text, a and i; a few basic macros;
		 Basic correction commands, moving in the file
		-Colon mode, strings
		-Printing to screen with formatter, copying and moving
		 files and parts of files, hard copy output and
		 calling macropackages.
Seems to work pretty well for most folks, because they can hold on
to things that are related in function, then move on to a new
part of the process.