FSLS - List big files in file system

#Bill_Stewart wcs at ho95e.UUCP
Fri Sep 26 12:10:50 AEST 1986

In article <1986 at udenva.UUCP> wedgingt at udenva.UUCP (Will Edgington/Ejeo) writes:
.......<discussion of find ....... -print | xargs foo     vs
	find ..... -exec foo {} \;
>  If I remember right, the original discussion was trying to find the huge
>(10 megabyte plus) file that just swallowed your disk.  I doubt there's more
>than one; the first solution above will therefore be *faster* than using xargs
>  Now, if you're trying to find and remove the thousands of files someone
>created that left your inode table empty ....  But that's never happened on
>any of the systems here, despite the "know-it-all-but-let's-experiment"
>student consultants we have (I know; I started as one :-).

Just by coincidence, my /usr/spool disk ran out of inodes yesterday.  Of the
2000 files that had arrived in the last find -m -2 days, 93% were netnews.....
and it's not the first time.   (Yes, sometime I'll get around to mkfs'ing with
more inodes, but....)
--
# Bill Stewart, AT&T Bell Labs 2G-202, Holmdel NJ 1-201-949-0705 ihnp4!ho95c!wcs