Dates and Times

Jordan Brown lcc.jbrown at LOCUS.UCLA.EDU
Tue Sep 9 12:15:02 AEST 1986

> > Is there also a simple routine that will allow me to calculate
> > what day of the week an arbitrary date falls on?

> [ magical method for finding day of week ]

ACM 199 is somewhat more suitable for computer use (though MUCH less
suitable for human use) because it does not use any tables.  It's not
suitable for human use because it uses several large apparently random
integers.

I've typed in and tested a probably portable C version of ACM 199
(calendar to julian and julian to calendar conversions), if anybody
wants a copy.

ps:  ACM 199 is magic too...  probably more so.