Automatic unattended execution of '

pat at tifsie pat at tifsie
Tue Sep 16 23:27:00 AEST 1986

Don't know about all of it, but if you create /etc/nologin (touch should work
nicely), that will prevent anyone from logging in.  Delete the file when
you're ready to allow users again.

Also bear in mind that you have to remember to mount a tape before you go
home at night.  We run a backup of one of our file systems every night at
midnight, using cron.  However, the system is pretty much idle, so we don't
worry about shutting anything down.  We made sure to pick a file system that
will fit on a single tape.  If dump asks for another tape when you're in bed,
you've got a problem....

Patrick W. Peters
Texas Instruments
Process Automation Center
P.O. Box 655012, M/S 3635
Dallas, TX 75243

UUCP: 	{uiucdcs!convex!smu, {rice, sun!texsun}!ti-csl}!tifsie!pat
Voice:	(214) 995-2786