Modelessness (Was porting UNIX applications to the mac)

Paul DuBois dubois at uwmacc.UUCP
Tue Sep 30 23:55:01 AEST 1986

> [Mark Horton]
> There's nothing wrong with being moded, it's just a personal preference.
> I've taught vi to many novices, such as secretaries; I stick to a 10
> command subset and they seem quite happy.

I face the problem of teaching vi to novices, also, and would be
interested to know what 10 commands you chose (and in hearing how
others handle this problem).
--
Paul DuBois     UUCP: {allegra,ihnp4,seismo}!uwvax!uwmacc!dubois    |
                ARPA: dubois at easter                               --+--

"If it works, I didn't write it."
"That's for sure!"