Problems with troff output on a SUN Laserwriter

Keith Dancey kgd at rlvd.UUCP
Fri Sep 26 05:30:27 AEST 1986

In article <430 at comp.lancs.ac.uk> john at comp.lancs.ac.uk (John R. Nicol) writes:

>I've prepared my Ph.D. thesis using troff and its me macro package. However...

>"Page offset + Line Length exceeds the width of the paper"

>The resulting laser-written output is garbled too. Strange thing is the above
>message is garbage: my line length (.ll) is 5.75i and I'm using std British
>A4 size paper.

I very much expect that 'me' is resetting the line length, somewhere.  Have
a quick look through its source for '.ll' or a register holding its value.
Certainly, the 'ms' macros reset the line length...

--
Keith Dancey,                                UUCP:   ..!mcvax!ukc!rlvd!kgd
Rutherford Appleton Laboratory,
                                            JANET:       K.DANCEY at uk.ac.rl
Tel: (0235) 21900   ext 5716