Adding Time and Date

hoffman at hdsvx1.UUCP hoffman at hdsvx1.UUCP
Fri Sep 5 04:20:24 AEST 1986

> Is there also a simple routine that will allow me to calculate
> what day of the week an arbitrary date falls on?
>
> 			Bruce

Real simple.  Just take any day as a reference point, note its Julian
Day and the day of the week on which it fell.  To find the day of the
week for some other day, take the difference between the two Julian
Days, mod 7.
--
 Richard Hoffman                | "Oh life is a wonderful cycle of song,
 Schlumberger Well Services     |     A medley of extemporanea.